Have you ever been to a government car auction? If not then you better consider it because the deals are normally too good to miss out on. Georgia is one of the states with the best auto auctions. The auto auction in Georgia are really trusted and popular. They include government auctions, police auction and seized cars auctions. Most government or police car auction takes place when the government needs to dispose their vehicles and get new ones.
Auto Auction Georgia
The cars are being sold to the highest bidder. Put in mind that most of these vehicles getting sold are in good condition. This is because the government and police are well known for taking very good care of their vehicles. There are other benefits you may get from buying at government or police car auctions than just buying best-used cars in perfect conditions. They include very honest information regarding the mileage and basically the history of the vehicle.
Cars bought from government auctions are heavily discounted. The bargaining power margin is greater than the online market. Everybody is all about saving and these government auctions are here to make work way easier for you. You get to save up to 90% off the normal price. That is the best deal you will ever make in your entire life.
There are also seized car auctions. Some people may not know what seized car auction means so I will simplify the term for you. A seized car auction is an auction where the vehicles had been repossessed by the bank. There are two ways in which you can decide to participate in a seized vehicle auction. They include seized vehicles online auctions and seized vehicles government auction.
Car auctions may be the best place where you can purchase your car, but you should thoroughly inspect the car you want to buy. You should also know the things to consider before the actual auction and during the actual auction.
Tips On Ensuring Your First Car Auction Will Be A Success
I have a few tips that will help you make the right decision during an auction.
- Firstly, know what exactly you want. It is better for you to evaluate your options while still at home. In this way, you can go to the auction that you want and check the car specifications. In this way, once you get to the auction, you won’t use much of your time deciding what you want.
- After getting a clear idea of what you want, then go to the auction and look for what you first wanted. Once you spot it then examine it very carefully. Factors to consider are any issues with the car. Consider the amount that it would take to repair the car especially if there are faults. In this step, you have to be very honest with yourself. This is because you may fall in love with the car and overlook its faults that it may end up costing you a lot of money to repair.
- Remember that nothing is as good as it appears in the exterior. So, don’t let the paint fool you any single bit.
- This may sound a little bit contradicting but it is very true. Don’t let a small mistake stop you from taking your dream car home. Some faults may be so small and may not necessarily mean it’s useless.
- Ensure you check the dipstick. Its lubricant should be very clean and clear once you pull it up.
- Ensure you know the car’s worth. Before you bid you should ensure that you know how much the car costs originally. You may be tricked into buying a used car whose original price is less than what you may have bid. This will make you feel conned so it’s better to do a little research on the actual price.
- It is very important to also observe other bidders. Ensure to walk around first and check what other bidders are doing and make sure not to fall for some tricks. Be very wise and keen. I would also recommend coming with a friend who may have participated in an auction before.
- Don’t be ashamed to go home without the car that you wanted to buy. Know where your limit is and be prepared to walk away if you feel like you don’t agree with some of the prices or conditions.
- Ensure you know the commonly used terms in an auction in order to avoid getting yourself in situations that may not be very okay with you. There are so many terms in auctioning but I will give you some of the most common ones below.
As stated above there are some terms that you should familiarize yourself with before coming to an auction. There are lights that can be used to symbolize different things. Blue light may symbolize that the seller has thirty days to avail a title to the auction. Red symbolizes sold, Yellow light lets you know that you should be attentive for announcements. Lastly green shows that the seller is subject and sound to all policies.
Don’t say you weren’t informed. I speak from experience since I bought one of my cars there. The car I bought in one of the auto auction in Georgia performs perfectly. The other one I bought from another state was full of hidden faults that were not disclosed. I have also heard many other people swearing by the auto auctions in Georgia and also recommending them to more people.
Make sure to give them a try the next time you are thinking of getting a new car. I promise the discounts will blow your mind. Their bargaining power is very flexible hence you will get to save a lot and still get your dream car. Remember to also use every piece of information above in order to make your time and experience more worthwhile.